PharmD, BCPS (AQ-Cardiology), AACC, CPP, Professor and Chair, Dept. of Pharmacy Practice
- Pharmacy Practice
- (406) 243-4634
32 Campus Dr MS 1522
Missoula MT, 59812
PHAR554 - Therapeutics - Course Coordinator
PHAR572 - Therapeutics - Course Coordinator
PHAR582 - Ambulatory Care APPE - Course Coordinator
- Peterson J., Colucci V. Pharmacy-Lab Interface: Use of Abnormal Laboratory Results as a Screen for Inappropriate dosage of Renally Eliminated drugs. Abstract: ACCP Eleventh Annual Meeting Aug. 5-8, 1990.
- Peterson J., Colucci V., Schiff S. Using serum creatinine concentrations to screen for inappropriate dosage of renally eliminated drugs. AJHP.1991;48:1962-1964.
- Colucci V., Rivey M. Case Report: Tolterodine-Warfarin Drug Interaction. Ann Pharmacother 1999;33:1173-6.
- Colucci V., Knapp J. Case Report: Increase in INR after Smoking Cessation. Ann Pharmacother 2000;35:385
- Colucci V., Overholtzer D. (POSTER). Effectiveness of an Anticoagulation Management Service in a Multispecialty Ambulatory Care Clinic. ASHP Midyear Clnical Meeting. 12/3/00. Las Vegas, NV.
- Colucci VJ. Book Review: Sport and Exercise Pharmacology, Reents S; (Human Kinetics, Champaign Il, 2000). Ann Pharmacother 2001;35:1500-01
- Colucci VJ, Allington DR. Acute Mountain Sickness. US Pharmacist 2001. July 2002:60-66
- Colucci VJ, Mead CE. (POSTER). Accuracy of the Coaguchek S and the Coaguchek Point of Care testing devices Compared to a Standard Laboratory Instrument. ACCP 2002 Annual Meeting. 10/22/02. Albuquerque, NM.
- Colucci VJ, Allington DR. Hypothermia and Frostbite. US Pharmacist 2002; Dec 2002;H36-43
- Hughson HE, Colucci VJ, Mead CE, Gardner PR, Risi GR, Overholtzer DA, et. al. (POSTER). An Academic Detailing Initiative to Optimize the Use of Antimicrobials in Acute Bacterial Rhino-Sinusitis and Pharyngitis in Ambulatory Care Patients at a Multispecialty Ambulatory Clinic. ACCP 2003 Annual Meeting. 11/03/03. Atlanta, GA.
- Lienemann AO, Colucci VJ, Trauscht JT, Jones MA. Treatment of Palmoplantar Keratoderma with Continuous Infusion 5-Flourouracil. CUTIS 2004;73:303-8.
- Colucci, VJ. Book Review: Physical Activity Epidemiology, Dishman RK, Washburn RA, Heath GW. (Human Kinetics, Champaign, IL.,2004). Ann Pharmacother 2004;38:2188
- Colucci VJ, Rivey MP. Potential Contribution of Long-term Rofecoxib in a Patient with Cardiogenic Syncope and Ischemic Stroke. The Journal of Pharmacy Technology 2006;22:174-8
- Howard PA, Cheng JWM, Crouch M, Colucci VJ, Kalus JS, Spinler SA, Munger M. Drug Therapy Recommendations from the 2005 ACC/AHA Guidelines for Treatment of Chronic Heart Failure. Ann Pharmacother 2006;40:1607-17
- Colucci VJ. Travel Medicine and Pharmacy: How Big a Role Can We Play? In: Drug Store News (Kenlon J, Ed) May/June 07. Lebhar-Friedman. New York, NY. P 17-22.
- Hall E, Allington DR, Colucci VJ. Community Capability Assessment Tool (POSTER). Development of a Preparedness Assessment Instrument. Public Health Preparedness Summit. Washington, D.C. 2007.
- Colucci VJ, Berry BD. Heart Failure Worsening and Exacerbation after Venlafaxine and Duloxetine Therapy. Ann Pharmacother 2008;42:882-7
- Colucci VJ, Moore D, Barta D, Harris H, Helgerson S. Montana Infectious Disease Network and Oracle (MIRACLE) – POSTER. Presented at 2008 Bioterrorism Training and Curriculum Development Awardees Conference. Rockville, MD. April 2008.
- Colucci VJ. Ergogenic Aids and Sports Pharmacy. In: McGraw-Hill’s NAPLEX® Review Guide. Sutton SC, Ed. McGraw-Hill Medical. New York, NY. P.611-20
- Crouch MA, Colucci VJ, Howard PA, Spinler SA. P2Y12 Receptor Inhibitors: Integrating Ticagrelor into Acute Coronary Syndrome Management. Ann Pharmacother 2011;45:1151-56
- Glow S, Colucci VJ, Hall E, Noonan C, Allington, DA. Managing Multiple Casualty Incidents: A Rural Medical Preparedness Training Assessment. Prehospital and Disaster Medicine. 2011;Vol:pp IN PRINT
- Murawski M, Villa KR, Dole EJ, Ives TJ, Tinker D, Colucci VJ, Perdiew J. Advanced practice pharmacists: an initial exploration of the practice characteristics and reimbursement mechanisms of a unique population of pharmacist certified for clinical practice in NM and NC. Am J Health-System Pharm. 2011;68:e47-56
- A Randomized, prospective, unblinded, comparison of different thrombolytic regimens for treating acute myocardial infarction. GUSTO MT001 (Genentech, Inc.)
- Centocor: HA-1A Efficacy in Septic Shock Trial. CHESS Trial #C0041T20 (Centocor, Inc.)
- A Multicenter, Open-label study to determine the efficacy and safety of IV amiodarone in the treatment life-threatening ventricular arrhythmias. (Wyeth)
- A Multicenter Review of ambulatory patients diagnosed with Atrial Fibrillation and Ischemic stroke prophylaxis (DuPont 1999-2003)
- Beta- test site for ACTION trial (Outcomes in patients anticoagulated with warfarin) (DuPont 2000-2005)
- Continuous Oral Anticoagulation versus Interruption in Therapy in Patients Undergoing Dental Procedures: A Prospective Pilot (Western Montana Clinic, Colucci V, Knapp J. May 2001-Aug 2002) UM Grant/MRA 522
- Deep Venous Thrombosis Prevention in Orthopedic Surgery – (Aventis: Educational Grant); WMC/St Patrick/UM Study: Hughson HE, Colucci VJ, Bradley LA. #M29510
- Montana Bioterrorism Healthcare Education Project (HRSA AWARD) $1.9 million over two years; Continuing Education and Training of Montana’s Health Care Personnel. Cech V, Colucci VJ (Co-PI), Allington DR.
- Darbepoeitin in Chronic Heart Failure: HIPPOCRATES Trial. Berry BD (International Heart Institute – Missoula, MT, Colucci VJ UM SPAHS Co-PI’s)
- Montana Bioterrorism Healthcare Training and Education Project (HRSA Award ); $4.4 million over 3 years; Continuing Education and Training of Montana’s Health Care Providers. Lead PI. HRSA; CFDA 93.996
- Assessing Physical Activity Levels and Effect of Exercise in Patients with Heart Failure: Potential Benefits of Pedometer Usage and Impedance Cardiography. (UM CHPBS/St Patrick IHI/WMC. Humphrey R, Laskin J [PI’s], Colucci VJ, Bekemeyer WB [Co-PIs].
- Bridging Anticoagulation in Patients who Require Temporary Interruption of Warfarin Therapy for an Elective Invasive Procedure or Surgery (BRIDGE). Protocol # 1U01-HL-086755-01A1 (National Institutes of Health/NHLBI) – IHI Site Investigator/PI
- Evaluation of the Accuracy of the INRATIO Prothrombin Time Monitoring System with a new test Strip for the Oral Anticoagulation Therapy Patient in the Presence of Heparin and Low Molecular Weight Heparin – ECLIPSE-Heparin Bridging Study. Protocol # BSTE-0120.a (Biosite Incorporated). Site PI (IHI-WMC)
- ECLIPSE-Heparin Bridging Study, Lead PI, IHIM/SPH 2010-2011.
Professor, Pharmacy Practice Jun/98-Pres
- Responsible for instruction and mentoring Pharmacy students in the classroom and at Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experiential sites.
- Develop, progress, and enhance ambulatory care sites for optimal student experience
- Render professional and stalwart service to Providence-ST Patrick (Physician Services Division) and International Heart Institute sites.
Clinical Pharmacy Specialist/Western Mt Clinic/Providence-SPH/IHI Jun/98-Pres
- Co-Manage an ambulatory anticoagulation clinic which includes optimizing warfarin dosages and outpatient treatment with heparins. Active patient load is approximately 1100. Ongoing quality improvement data reveal effectiveness and safety exceed national benchmarkings. Under the auspices of Providence Broadway Internal Medicine/International Heart Institute (SPH)
- In conjunction with cardiologists at the International Heart Institute, a subsidiary of Providence/St.Patrick, member of the multidisciplinary (cardiologist, cardiac PA, pharmacist) effort in rendering optimal care for congestive/chronic heart failure (CHF) patients.
- Collegial team member of AFIB (atrial fibrillation clinic) with cardiologist, EP cardiologist and cardiovascular thoracic surgeon in an ambulatory cardiac clinic (IHI).
- Work collegially with Director of Quality Management (Internist-PBIM) in an effort to educate and improve drug therapy and prescribing (Academic Detailing) within the medical community.
- Co-spearheaded the effort to decrease the inappropriate use of antimicrobials in upper respiratory tract infections in the ambulatory population. This led to the development of the Montana Antibiotic Resistance Consortium (MARC), a coalition of community and state practitioners and epidemiologists to enhance this effort. This has been modeled after successful programs in Oregon and Wisconsin and has now gained CDC grant funding to promulgate our efforts.
- Successfully co-orchestrated the development of hospital-based protocols (from an ambulatory clinic) instituting optimal antithrombotic coverage in post-operative orthopaedic patients.
- Serve as a drug-information resource, both primary literature and clinical application, to the different disciplines within the PBIM structure (Internal Med, Pulmonology, Nephrology, Cardiology)
- Physician, Nursing, and patient education, lectures, newsletters, handouts.
- Preceptor 16 x 4 week PharmD Advanced Pharmacy Practice Pharmacy Experience rotations annually
- Initiate and continue scholarship and research activities both through the school and at the ambulatory practice site
- Committee leadership and faculty participation for continuous quality improvement to the educational process
State of Montana (SOM), Montana University System(MUS) Health Care Plan-Prescription Plan (URx)
Co-constructed and orchestrated the prescription drug plan(Pharmacy Benefit Manager) for the SOM/MUS Health Care Plan (URx). Manage and operate the Ask-A-Pharmacist component.
Barrett Memorial Hospital/Owen(Cardinal) Healthcare, Inc (Dillon, MT/Houston Tx).
Director of Pharmacy Oct/97-Jul98
Pharmacy 1(Billings, MT)
Pharmacist/Ambulatory Services Coordinator May/96-Oct/97
Deaconess-Billings Clinic Health System(Billings,MT)
Pharmacy Director Apr/91-Jan/96
Clinical Services Coordinator Apr/88-Apr/91
Clinical Pharmacist Jun/84-Apr/88
Staff Pharmacist Sep/82-Jun/84
St.James Community Hospital
Staff Pharmacist Jun/81-Aug/82